Lets have some fun – having a party is one of the best ways to infuse your life with fun and laughter!
No reason required!
Let’s party—just because! Having a party can cast off the humdrum of daily life as well as the stress. An impromptu party with all of your favourite people can provide the best possible medicine. The most important thing to remember about your party plans is … keep it simple.
No shortage of party ideas
Everyone’s idea of a great party is different. With this in mind, here are a few ideas.
- If you like small groups: plan a dinner party with a few close friends.
- If you enjoy spending time with relatives: plan a reunion of relatives who live close by—or if you have more time (as well as energy and assistance), plan a larger reunion of distant relatives as well.
- If you’re keen to dress up: plan an unusual thematic party where everyone must dress in costume (maybe your favourite rock star).
- If you love sampling different kinds of food: plan a potluck dinner where everyone brings a special ethnic dish.
- If you want to party—but don’t want the clean-up, try organizing a bowling party for fun friends.
No reason to sweat it
Keeping it simple is the key to having a great party that will have therapeutic value in defeating humdrum and stress. If you’re a natural organizer and absolutely love planning and putting together large events, then go for the gusto!
But if coordinating a large party is simply a recipe for more stress, be aware of this before making any commitments and consider the following.
- Think about how much you want to spend and stick to your guns—nothing stresses most people more than watching their budget careen out of control.
- If you’re hosting, give yourself enough time before the event to do the cleaning, shopping, and cooking. Creating make-ahead party food can make life much simpler on the fun day.
- Get everyone laughing with some fun party games. Use your imagination, or check online for ideas. Be sure to get all your supplies ahead of time to avoid last-minute shopping trips.
- If you’re decorating, check second-hand shops for supplies or have some fun making your own. Better yet, have a few friends over for the purpose of creating decorations—and get a head start on the fun!
What’s your party plan?
Do you have any party plans percolating? We’d love to hear all about them. Maybe you’d like to share some past experiences you’ve had with great parties. Just drop us a line via blog posts or Facebook comments, or by using the Twitter hashtag #2013alive.