Its week 4 of Decembers 12 Months of Wellness journey. This week, were meditating on the benefits of deep breathing.
It’s week 4 for December’s 12 Months of Wellness challenge! Let’s face it—sometimes, the holidays don’t have us feeling all that jolly. Sometimes we can all get a bit … Grinch-y.
To save ourselves from our inner Scrooges, and to keep us merry and bright, we’ve turned our attention this December to de-stressing. So far, we’ve delegated some chores, created a “me” time ritual, and made sleep a priority. This week, we’re using deep breathing techniques and meditation.
Your one-stop shop for all things “oom”
Whether you’re a meditation master or have never paid any attention to your own breathing, we’ve got you covered!
We’ve got plenty of alive articles up our sleeves to help you:
- learn simple breathing exercises
- translate your relaxation exercises to your stress-filled daily commute
- give tai chi a chance
- try these simple stress-busting stretches and breathing tips
- get an introduction to meditation
- step up your meditation practice by including music
- discover how meditation and eating go hand-in-hand
What about you?
Have you tried deep breathing and/or meditation? Let us know, and keep us updated on your 12 Months of Wellness journey in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter (using the hashtag #2013alive).
While you’re at it, download our December goal-tracking sheet to track your efforts!